How To Embarrass A Chihuahua

Knit him a sweater....
.

You may not be able to tell from this angle but this is one sad, embarrassed doggy. He wouldn't stay still long enough for a better picture of his sweater. Oscar is getting up there in age and I thought a nice wool sweater would help him stay warm this winter. When I first tried it on him, he laid on his side and refused to get up. He finally got up and jumped on Jon's chest (where he is in the picture). I think he's trying to tell Jon that I've finally lost it.
.

The sweater is a bit small. I used this pattern. It was a super simple pattern but I should have made it wider on the sides and knit the neck ribbing on larger needles. The pattern was written for a 10 lb. chihuahua so I thought I'd be fine since Oscar is 5 1/2 lbs. Maybe I knit too tight? Oh well, I don't think he would have liked it any better if it had fit properly. I'm sure he's on the phone right now reporting me to PETA.



I used Paton's wool in Autumn sunset (I think that's what it was called).

Anyone know a tiny Chihuahua that likes wearing sweaters?