A Great Weekend

We had weather in the upper 60's - low 70's the weekend and we took full advantage of it. We spruced up the front of our house with fresh pine straw, some pretty pansies, and a freshly swept porch. The kids played outside a lot and got good and dirty. I went to a few consignment sales and bought the kids their summer wardrobe for next to nothing. We got our taxes done. Yesterday Jon and I took turns going to the lake to exercise.
I was so excited to get a chance to go back to the lake and ride my bike again. It was a beautiful morning. I had as much fun this time as I did two weeks ago.
My favorite creek was so pretty with the morning sun shining on it.


I hiked further up the creek and found such pretty spots where the water pooled or rushed over rocks.



My 7 mile ride was much easier this time around. I've been working out each morning for 2 weeks now and it's really made a difference in my endurance. I wasn't riding for speed but it was nice not to be out of breath as much. My favorite part is still going down the hills. I even closed my eyes for just a second going down one hill. I don't like roller coasters so that was as close to a thrill ride as it gets for me.

After I got back to the parking lot, I sat on a bench and fed the ducks some plain cheerios I brought along. I love ducks. I can't wait to get some land so I can have a bunch of them.


The white ducks were my favorite. Their feathers looked so soft that I really had the fight the urge to pick one up and pet it. I knew wild ducks would probably not appreciate a stranger picking them up to pet their feathers.
Jon went to the lake after I got back and alternated between walking a mile and jogging a mile. He got a great workout. He and I both want to be in great shape by this summer so we can have a great time exploring new hiking and biking trails when we got on vacation.
It's going to be rainy and chilly the next two days so I'm really glad we made the most of our great weekend.