Comment Policy

Asalam Alaikum,

I have been considering posting a comment policy for some time and I think now it has actually become necessary.

So, this is a personal blog. I use it mostly to show my crafting attempts, to practice writing, to keep family and friends updated on where we are and what we are up to. I post pictures of my son, and the places we visit, I post free patterns for knitting, crochet(not quite yet, but InshAllah this is coming soon), and sewing tutorials.

One thing that is sort of a mix of personal and not personal is that I want to show anyone who is interested, what life is like in Pakistan. Specifically from the point of view of a non Pakistani. Every time people look at the news headlines it seems that all that is shown of Pakistan is bombings, killings, terrorism, Taliban, corrupt politicians, and poverty. I want as many people as possible to see other parts of Pakistan, the beauty, the warmth and friendliness of the people, the daily routines that make up life for families like mine. I want people to see that life here, while occasionally difficult is not that much different than it is anywhere else in the world. The foods may be different, the clothes may be different, but people everywhere are the same. We all have families, friends, morals, values, and feelings.

Recently there have been several comments posted that range from merely rude to downright hateful. I do have comment moderation enabled, mostly to prevent spammers, but I have had to delete several rude posts. After the most recent(which I allowed, on the post immediately preceding this one), I just got a little fed up.

This is a personal blog, if you don't have anything nice to say please keep your comments to yourself. I do not mind opposing views, a little debate is always educational, but rude comments about how another person chooses to live their life?

From now on, any comments that are hateful(about me or anyone else), or bigoted, or just plain rude will not be posted.

Salam to all-
Eva