He's selling what on his bicycle?

Asalam Alaikum,

Remember my post about walay? Since then I have taken some more pictures, while we hang out on the roof, of the door to door salesmen that frequent our neighborhood. It is always interesting to see who's coming down the street.

Who wants to guess whats inside?


This is a Qur'an wale. He has in this bundle on the front of his bicycle all sorts of different Qur'ans. He has the regular type of book that is what we normally read, and also the type that is separated into 30 little books called "sipara". The only time I ever see the second type is when people are having "Qur'an Khanees"(where a bunch of people gather to read Qur'an together and then eat food), and on bursees(death anniversaries when people get together to read Qur'an and then eat more food). It is pretty helpful, as each person can take one little book at a time and the gathering can very quickly complete a full Qur'an reading(or sometimes more than one). I do try to avoid going to bursees, as I am pretty sure it may be a bidah, and so to be on the safe side I just avoid them as much as possible. No one ever says anything about my non participation, and I kind of prefer it that way.

This Qur'an wale seems very dedicated. He comes down our street usually 3-4 times a week, and has been since we first came to Pakistan.