Stretchy Cotton Baby Set

A coworker and friend of Jon's just had his first child.... an adorable little boy. My second thought after getting the birth announcement and saying, "Awww... how cute!" was "Yay! I get to knit tiny baby things!". I used the same stretchy cotton yarn that I used to knit Charlotte's cotton socks but in a handsome denim blue. (Cascade Fixation color # 9030 (Denim)
I liked that the yarn was almost all cotton so the baby wouldn't be too warm with hot weather approaching. I also loved that the yarn is so stretchy incase the baby had grown a lot in the weeks since his birth.
The little hat was knit following the Very Basic Baby Beanie pattern.



I didn't follow a pattern for the tiny socks. I knit a pair of toe-up socks using 24 stitches total (starting with 12 to make the toe). They were so tiny and so cute.


Welcome to the world, little David!