Friday Feature-medium, middle of the road, average

Asalamu Alaikum,

I used to think that everyone had one special thing that they can do better than most people. Some people are really good knitters, some make the perfect cup of chai every time, some sing, some dance. I eventually realized that sometimes it just doesn't work that way. I learned that there are people that are really good at one thing, people that are not good at anything, and people that are medium good at lots of different stuff.

That's where I fall(or so I like to think), smack in the middle. I like to learn new things, new crafts, and I am always happiest in the first six months of a job(when learning the ropes). I enjoy the process of learning, but I have never found one thing that I do exceptionally well.

For a while I thought, maybe I just haven't found my one thing, and that's why I liked to learn new stuff. I was searching for my one exceptional talent. There were times that I felt a bit depressed not to have found it yet, but then always the excitement of learning a new thing distracted me.

Is there really anything wrong with being average? I don't think so. Sure we need the people that are exceptional, the ones with the big ideas, and big dreams, but everything runs because of the "average" people.

I am happy being medium good in lots of stuff, and eventually realized that that is my special talent-
"Jack of all trades, master of none,
though ofttimes better than master of one."