Charlotte's Hat and Mittens

I'm shocked by how much a child's head and hands can grow in one year. Evan and Charlotte's winter sets from last year were too small for this year. I was sure I had knitted them big enough for two seasons but no such luck. Actually maybe it's a good thing. It gives me more opportunity to knit!


The orange yarn is Cascade Yarns Quatro, Color 5011. I love Quatro. It has such an interesting depth of color.





The hat is Stockinette Watch Cap Size Large maybe? I need to be better at writing down what I do for each project. I used the Quatro for the main part of the hat and then some leftover yarn I had from last year's hat, Paton's wool "Autumn Sunset".



Mittens: Basic cuff up mittens size 6/7, 2 3/4" cuff, knit 2" to thumb opening, 3" from thumb to decreases, 1 1/2" thumb before decreases.


I guess it's good that kids grow out of hand knits. I'd never get a chance to knit them new winter sets if they stayed the same size.